According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity test, blueberries are the best fruit with highest antioxidant activity. The antioxidant will get rid of the free radicals and help you prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. The blue pigment of the fruit also protect you from collagen.
Take half a cup a day to get all the benefits of blueberries.Read More
- Drink plenty of clean water and fresh fruit juice like apple, orange, pineapple. Soft drinks, coffee and tea are not counted. Drinking plenty of fluid helps to wash the toxic out of your body.
- Eat generous amount of RAW fruit and vegetables. Raw fruit and vegetable are better than cooked ones because many vitamins and minerals are lost during the cooking process.
- Take omega 3 essential fatty acid like salmon, sardines, flaxseed oil, walnuts, broccoli. A 2004 study shows that omega-3 fatty acids combined with a low glycemic diet (no white flour) helps to reduce acne problem.
- Take vitamin A for skin cells reproduction : papaya, carrot, pumpkin, broccoli
- Take vitamin C for its for its antioxidant protection and to strengthen your skin : oranges, papaya, kiwi and tomato.
- Take vitamin B to help to reduce stress which aggravate acne problems. Vitamin B also improve circulation to the skin surface. Food that contain vitamin B are brown rice green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
- Take vitamin E to aid skin recovery and prevent scaring : mango, broccoli, spinach, papaya, avocado, olives
- Improve your digestion. People with acne problem tends to also have digestive problems. Research has shown that the acne problem is reduced when the digestive system improved. The simplest way is to chew your food properly before swallowing.
- Cut back on food that contain flour, milk, yeast and sugar. These food will make your acne worse.
- Cut back on foods which contain yeast – marmite, mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, stock cubes, cheese
- Reduce foods high in sugar which help Candida to thrive – cakes, biscuits, sweets, puddings, chocolate
- Increase natural bio yoghurt which is rich in the beneficial intestinal bacteria
- Increase the use of fresh herbs which have a natural anti-fungal property – sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme
Everyone knows we cannot survive without water. According to studies, people who drink a sufficient amount of the right kinds of liquids (distilled water, fresh water, fresh fruits and vegetables and their juices) have better body functioning and circulation overall, which are most important to healthy and long life.
Are you drinking the right kind of water?
Water plays an important part in our body function. When we are born, we are 80% water. When we died, we are only 50% water. This study shows that most of us are dehydrated. Water helps to circulated our blood and purge toxins out of the body. We feel thirsty whenever our blood becomes thick. Water also helps to keep the cells healthy and make the skin looks better.
Water is abundant on earth but only 0.08% of all the water is clean water. So what water is beneficial to our body? We need water that are :
- Neutral to negative pH.
- Rich in bio available minerals.
- Nutritional delivery system.
- Nature’s cleaning solution
- Free of contaminants.
Is it safe to consume our tap water?
There are also many contaminant in our tap water such as chlorine, fluoride, trihalomethanes and many inorganic contaminants. Chlorine is used to kill the bacteria but it is also killing all organic minerals that are beneficial to our health. The long term health consequences in consuming these contaminant are stroke, cancer, liver and kidney failure, digestive disorder and many more! The problem is we have always thought that our government has taken care of our water and thus, it never come across our mind that we are actually consuming low dosage of poison regularly.
Below is a video about water
Bottled Water – Our Solution?
No doubt bottled water is a better choice but is it really safe? The bottled water industry is growing rapidly and can we still trust the water in the bottle? There are cases where bottles of tap water are sold as mineral water. In addition, it is more expensive to use bottled water in our daily life. Not to mentioned about the plastic bottles that we are throwing away, that adds to the burden to our Earth.
Filter Water – Best Solution
Filter water seems to be the best option among the three. But not all water filters have the function to filter out all the harmful substances. Luckily Innerlight see the problem that we have and come up with a water filter that able to restore healthy water for our home. Having a Simply Pure System in our house gives us the convenience to get pure water from our tap. When we see the rising medical cost and think about the suffering when we are sick, owning a Simply Pure System is definitely a worthwhile investment . Learn more about Simply Pure System.Read More
Many people think that having acne is part of “natural” growing up process and body changes. Many people do not think the food will have any connection to acne at all. Well, they are in for a surprise!
What food to avoid if you have acne?
- Sugar and high-glycemic food (like ketchup,pasta sauce, sugary drinks, Processed luncheon meats)
Eating foods with a lot of sugar (as well as carbohydrates like white bread and refined grains that are broken down quickly into sugar) causes your blood sugar to spik. Elevated blood sugar stimulates your body to pump out insulin, which then triggers a cascade of hormonal effects.
- Milk and Diary Products
Milk can affect the human hormone production and full of cow hormones. All of these can have some effect on your skin.
- Foods that contain Iodine (like eggs, seaweed, kelp)
- Reduce salt intake
Supplements that help to fight acne
- Omega 3