There can be many obvious causes for feeling tired and low in energy. such as a bad night’s sleep. However, if you feel like this for a no apparent reason, you could be suffering from anaemia.
- Feeling of tiredness
- Headaches and dizziness
- Breathing Difficulties
- Chest pain or palpitations
- Unusual pallor especially in the creases of the skin, inside the eyelids and in the lining of the mouth
- Soreness in the mouth and tongue
- brittleness of the nails
What can I do to help myself?
- Eat plenty of iron-rich food such as red meat, liver, poultry,eggs, wholemeal bread and green leafy vegetables
- Keep your vitamin c intake high. It helps to metabolize iron properly
- Iron is easier to absorb from red meat, so if you are vegetarian, make sure you eat vegetables that contain iron.
- Pregnant woman in particular need plenty of iron and folic acid
- Eat plenty of food contain vitamin B12. They are found almost exclusively in animal products such as meat, fish egg and milk.