There can be many obvious causes for feeling tired and low in energy. such as a bad night’s sleep. However, if you feel like this for a no apparent reason, you could be suffering from anaemia.
- Feeling of tiredness
- Headaches and dizziness
- Breathing Difficulties
- Chest pain or palpitations
- Unusual pallor especially in the creases of the skin, inside the eyelids and in the lining of the mouth
- Soreness in the mouth and tongue
- brittleness of the nails
What can I do to help myself?
- Eat plenty of iron-rich food such as red meat, liver, poultry,eggs, wholemeal bread and green leafy vegetables
- Keep your vitamin c intake high. It helps to metabolize iron properly
- Iron is easier to absorb from red meat, so if you are vegetarian, make sure you eat vegetables that contain iron.
- Pregnant woman in particular need plenty of iron and folic acid
- Eat plenty of food contain vitamin B12. They are found almost exclusively in animal products such as meat, fish egg and milk.
Nowadays, many people are suffering from heart and blood vessel diseases caused by high cholesterol. High cholesterol is named as one of the major factors contributing to heart disease, heart attach and stroke.
People know about eating healthy grains, vegetables and fruits to control their cholesterol levels but do you know you can also control your cholesterol level through using the right cooking oil.
Plant-based cooking oil contains a micro-nutrient called plant sterols (also known as phytosterols). You can also find phytosterols in fruits, vegetables, cereals, nuts and seeds. Clinical studies has shown that plant sterols will complete with cholesterol for absorption into your body. In short, plant sterols will reduce your body ability to absorb cholesterol.
Studies show that 1 table spoon of corn oil has the highest level of phytosterols.
- 1 table spoon of corn oil – 132mg of phytosterols
- 1 table spoon of canola oil – 94mg of phytosterols
- 1 table spoon of olive oil – 30mg of phytosterols
Start cooking your food with corn oil today.
According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity test, blueberries are the best fruit with highest antioxidant activity. The antioxidant will get rid of the free radicals and help you prevent wrinkles and sagging skin. The blue pigment of the fruit also protect you from collagen.
Take half a cup a day to get all the benefits of blueberries.Read More
People have headaches from time to time. Instead of poping in pills that have side effect, use natural herbal remedies to reduce the pain.
- Willow Bark. Willow bark is best for tension headaches. It comes in powdered form and is said to have an equivalent effect of an aspirin. Add 2 teaspoon of willow bark to 1 cup of water. Low boil for 10 minutes. Drink when cool. Drink up to 3 cups per day.
- Peppermint Oil. Use peppermint oil essential oil to relieve tension headaches.
- FeverFew. Feverfew is great for migraine headaches. You can buy at any health store. Take up to 82 mg per day to minimize the constriction and dilation of blood vessels. It also reduce the chemicals (prostaglandins) in your body that causes the pain.
If you are constantly having headaches, you should look into the psychological aspect. Headache can be a product of anxiety, depression and stress. To eliminate your headache totally, you should look into the root cause of your pain rather than just easing the pain itself.Read More
- Drink plenty of clean water and fresh fruit juice like apple, orange, pineapple. Soft drinks, coffee and tea are not counted. Drinking plenty of fluid helps to wash the toxic out of your body.
- Eat generous amount of RAW fruit and vegetables. Raw fruit and vegetable are better than cooked ones because many vitamins and minerals are lost during the cooking process.
- Take omega 3 essential fatty acid like salmon, sardines, flaxseed oil, walnuts, broccoli. A 2004 study shows that omega-3 fatty acids combined with a low glycemic diet (no white flour) helps to reduce acne problem.
- Take vitamin A for skin cells reproduction : papaya, carrot, pumpkin, broccoli
- Take vitamin C for its for its antioxidant protection and to strengthen your skin : oranges, papaya, kiwi and tomato.
- Take vitamin B to help to reduce stress which aggravate acne problems. Vitamin B also improve circulation to the skin surface. Food that contain vitamin B are brown rice green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
- Take vitamin E to aid skin recovery and prevent scaring : mango, broccoli, spinach, papaya, avocado, olives
- Improve your digestion. People with acne problem tends to also have digestive problems. Research has shown that the acne problem is reduced when the digestive system improved. The simplest way is to chew your food properly before swallowing.
- Cut back on food that contain flour, milk, yeast and sugar. These food will make your acne worse.
- Cut back on foods which contain yeast – marmite, mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, stock cubes, cheese
- Reduce foods high in sugar which help Candida to thrive – cakes, biscuits, sweets, puddings, chocolate
- Increase natural bio yoghurt which is rich in the beneficial intestinal bacteria
- Increase the use of fresh herbs which have a natural anti-fungal property – sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme
Claustrophobia is the fear of being in enclosed area such as in lift, small rooms or crowded places.
- Feelings of panic, trembling,and few weakness in the limbs
- Breathing difficulties
- a feeling of faintness
- Get a companion who will accompany to crowded places to assure you in case of anxiety
- Bring a paper bag. Breathing through paper bag will decrease hyperventilation
- Relaxation technique that slows the heartbeat and deep breathing will to cease the symptoms
- Drink calming tea
Ever since we were born, we have been hearing about the health benefits of milk and how it can benefit our body in more ways than one. Our mothers have always made sure that we drank enough milk saying that it contains calcium which is very important to keep our bones healthy. We have also been made to believe that taking dairy foods will help our body absorb more calcium and vitamin D and thus prevent bone diseases like osteoporosis. But the shocking truth is that drinking milk is not really beneficial. Apart being polluted, there are a lot of health risks that you are prone to getting by consuming milk.
Many scientific studies in the recent years have revealed the detrimental health effects that milk causes. The first surprise is that drinking cow’s milk does not help to absorb calcium because our body simply cannot absorb calcium from cow’s milk due to lack of magnesium. Pasteurized milk make it more difficult for your body to absorb the calcium you need. And to top it, it has even been found that milk can wean off calcium or increase calcium loss from our bones as we age.
Now what really happens is that when we drink cow’s milk, our body pH moves over to the acidic side; this happens when we consume any kind of animal protein. Now this triggers a biological response in the body as the pH has to be neutralized again and this is done by calcium present in our bones as it is the best acid neutralizer that we have in our body. So, drinking milk actually causes a calcium deficit unlike the calcium surplus that we are made to believe.
These day, all dairy farmers and producers inject the cows with recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone or rBGH to increase milk production. Now this might have increased the milk production but resulted in udder inflammation in cows which makes them release pus or somatic cells into the milk. This contaminates the milk that we drink and that means we end up consuming these cells which result in different kinds of harmful effects and diseases like Crohn’s disease. Also, scientists are now studying the link between this hormone and its direct effect on causing prostate, colon or breast cancer.
We have also heard that drinking lots of milk decreases the risk of osteoporosis and related fractures. But once again, studies have shown that taking milk offers no protection to our bones in the long run. Milk has now become a processed food instead of a rich, healthy drink. Various processes like pasteurization and homogenization might make the milk sterile andcauses different kinds of digestive problems in us. Cows are also being increasingly injected with antibiotics as it is a billion dollar industry but the negative effects of all these drugs occurs in human beings who consume it thinking that is beneficial for their health.
If you need calcium, take calcium tablets that combines with magnesium and vitamin D.Read More